* because trauma and oppression have a deep impact that extends beyond our conscious reasoning mind into our muscles and our sinews. Somatic coaching and bodywork provides ground for the contradictions of trauma and oppression to unwind in our musculature, making more room for what we care about and want to move towards.
* because we consciously and unconsciously embody the systems (capitalism, male supremacy, white supremacy, ableism, heterosexism, christian supremacy, etc) in which we live. Embodying liberation requires conscious, regular, body-based practices.
* because our good new ideas and capacity to problem solve often evaporates and are replaced by our deeply embedded ways of being when we are stressed or triggered. Somatic coaching offers tools to align our ways of acting with our values and the things we care about.
* because the tools we as individuals, teams, organizations and movements have adopted to survive are often not in line with or serving our dreams and visions of liberation. Somatic coaching takes an approach to change that includes our whole organism: our brains, our bodies, our hearts, and our spirits.
* because surviving the impact of trauma and oppression, individually and collectively, does not equip us well to vision/act towards liberation.
Somatic coaching and bodywork can realign us towards embodying values of:
**sustainability and resilience
**centered resistance and liberation
**happiness and connection
**grounded power based on our values