READY FOR CHANGE?
- Wanting to be able to identify how you feel and set boundaries that take care of you and also take care of your relationships?
- Frustrated with patterns that don't seem to change no matter how much you talk about them?
- Longing for better communication with your partner/s, friends, and colleagues?
- Committed to figuring out how to trust your own decisions and move towards alignment and purpose?
- Looking to ease anxiety, depression, and fear?
Somatic counseling will give you tools to practice setting and respecting boundaries, to help you undo patterns that aren't serving you anymore, and to help you make more direct requests and declines with your partners, friends, and colleagues that are in line with what you care about.
I work with individuals, couples and groups, and welcome folks from a variety of backgrounds and communities including poly, kinky and queer clients. I work in person in my two offices in Burlington and Montpelier, and also via phone and online video.
As a survivor of violence and abuse and someone who is committed to bettering myself, I had done years of talk therapy without feeling like I ever got to the root of what was preventing me from being who I wanted to be and how I wanted to be in the world. Understanding or developing narratives about what had happened to me didn't actually lead to healing. On the very practical level, I am learning that healing means accessing my body and sensations as sites of tremendous wisdom. Somatics provided me with deeply effective possibilities for individual and group transformation and healing.
So many therapeutic models are about figuring out what's wrong with you and how to fix you. I believe in identifying and affirming all the ways that you've survived and building your toolbox so you have more choices in your life.